Have you ever wondered why some people get so much done and make it seem so easy to achieve their goals?
If so, you are not alone! That is a question every successful person wants to know. It is something I have spent over three decades researching. The answer is found in The Power Hour.
What is a Power Hour?
A power hour is 50 to 70 minutes of laser-focused uninterrupted time.
The goal is to eliminate distractions and maximize concentration to complete important tasks.
Start with at least four business or money power hours and one personal hour. Then, increase your business or money to six and personal to two hours per day.
In today’s episode, I show you exactly how to get more done and achieve your goals in record time.
Examples of Power Hours include:
Money or Wealth: Monitoring your budget or reviewing your investment portfolio
Business: Record your podcast or write a blog post
Personal: Take a walk with your partner or practice yoga
Tips for completing a productive power hour:
1. Plan ahead
The first step to increasing productivity is creating a clear, written plan. This will allow you to stay focused and avoid wasting time deciding what to work on during the session.
Before starting your power hour, identify and prioritize the tasks you need to accomplish.
2. Reduce distractions
Minimize interruptions by closing your door, wearing noise-canceling headphones, or finding a quiet workspace. Train yourself to stay focused for the entire power hour without deviating from other tasks.
Turn off notifications on your phone, and close unnecessary tabs or applications on your computer.
Consider using website blockers or productivity apps that limit access to distracting websites or social media platforms.
3. Put up a Do Not Disturb Sign
Put up a DND sign if you are in a place (office or home) where anyone can interrupt you. A DO Not Disturb sign is a great reminder for others not to interrupt you.
4. Set a timer
Use a timer or a productivity app to set a specific duration for your power hour. Knowing you have a limited time can boost your motivation and drive you to work efficiently.
5. Avoid multitasking
Multitasking can often lead to decreased productivity and reduced focus. Instead, concentrate on one task at a time during your power hour. Give it your full attention until completion or until the designated time is up.
6. Stay energized
Ensure you have enough energy to sustain your productivity throughout the power hour.
Get adequate sleep, follow an eating protocol, and exercise to operate at your best.
7. Track your progress
Keep a log or checklist to track your accomplishments during each power hour. Celebrating small wins can boost your motivation and provide satisfaction, reinforcing your productivity habits.
8. Complete a Power Break
After completing a power hour, take a five to seven-minute break where you move your arms and legs.
Then take a three-minute focus breathing break. Through your nose, breathe into the count of eight, hold it for the count of eight, and release to the count of 16.
Then, set your intention for the next power hour.
In today’s episode, you will learn:
- The exact process I have used (and taught) for over three decades to get results and make more money.
- How neural pathways work and what you must do to change your habits, such as managing your money better.
- How to incorporate HVAs (high-value activities) into your day.
- The magic of BPHs and PPHs.
- When to complete your T5 (Top 5), so you can get more done.
- An exercise you can use to tap into your subconscious mind and manage your mindset.
- What you need to do so you can show up and perform at your best.
- The 5 AM Myth (and what you need to know to achieve your desired result).
- The process to incorporate PBs (power breaks) into your daily routine for maximum results.
- How to set your intention for maximum results.
- A sample daily schedule to maximize your daily power hours, so you get more done.
- The little-known secret to dramatically get more done
- How to change a habit (and that actual number of days it takes- it is not 21 days).
- The #1 secret to achieve your goals.
Conclusion: The Power Hour
Remember, the key to a successful power hour is that you use this time to complete the most critical activities.
It is also critical to maintain focus and minimize distractions. With practice and consistency, you can develop the habit of utilizing power hours effectively and accomplish more in less time.
If you would like to know the next best step you can take to ensure your financial house is in order, click here: